During Disney’s flagship bi-annual fan expo, D23, it is expected that Disney will make some exciting new announcements. While Disney covers all aspects of their organization from movies to theme parks and everything in-between at the expo, fans expect Disney to make major announcements about their popular theme parks. While rumors have been swirling for much of the year (and even since long before in many cases), here are some speculated announcements that we hope Disney will discuss:
- The Disney gondola system that will carry guests around the resorts
- Closing the Speedway at Magic Kingdom to make way for The Tron Coaster (or Cars attraction)
- Will Wreck it Ralph attraction finally begin construction at the home of Stitch’s Great Escape?
- Will a Haunted Mansion themed restaurant that has been rumored for years finally become a reality?
- Will a night parade return to Disney’s Magic Kingdom?
- Will Illuminations be discontinued since Siemens ended their sponsorship at Epcot?
- Might Spaceship Earth be rethemed as well because of the Siemens decision?
- Will a Ratatouille attraction be officially announced over in the France section?
- Will Guardians of the Galaxy take over Ellen’s Energy Adventure?
- Will Disney announce a new name for its Hollywood Studios?
- Will we get updates and an opening date on Toy Story Land?
- Will we get the much-anticipated updates on the Star Wars land attractions?
- Might Disney mention plans for a Star Wars-themed hotel?
- Will a fifth park finally be getting announced? Will this be a Marvel park? Maybe a Villains’ park?
With so many rumors and hopes from Disney fans around the country (and around the globe for that matter), it’s hard to figure out just what might be announced during the 2017 edition of the D23 Expo. It is highly unlikely that all of the above topics will be brought up, especially those that might be begin construction for a few more years. Disney knows that it has the same platform in two more years and even has other great opportunities to make announcements between now and then. Plus, Disney will not want to show all of its cards; instead, it will want to maximize buzz for upcoming items like Toy Story Land. So, maybe we do not hear about a Star Wars hotel or Haunted Mansion restaurant. Then again, nothing is out of the realm of possibility. Of course, we will keep our fingers crossed for great attraction and roller coaster announcements!
[Feature image courtesy of Disney D23 Expo.]