Six Flags New England will get a brand new roller coaster in 2017. However, this new roller coaster is unlike anything the park has built before. Standing 120 feet tall, The Joker will flip guests head over heels time and time again throughout the one-minute long ride. Enthusiasts will likely never have a duplicate experience on it since the ride experience (i.e. the amount and direction of flipping) differs based on the riders’ weight distribution, among other things. Opening in early 2017, the park’s 13th roller coaster will attract an array of fans and complement park’s current roller coaster and thrill ride collection quite nicely.
According to the Six Flags park, the unique construction of THE JOKER 4D Free Fly Coaster features:
- Onboard magnetic technology featuring four to eight smooth head-over-heels flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar alongside the track
- A 4D wing coaster that has riders “face their fears” by allowing them to physically face each other
- A 120-foot tall hill that is ascended by an elevator-style lift straight up
- Two beyond 90° raven drops giving the sensation of free-falling
- Five vehicles with eight passengers each
“We are thrilled to launch our 13th coaster here at the Coaster Capital of New England. Not only does THE JOKER 4D Free Fly Coaster utilize the latest innovative technology, it is highly interactive and will deliver something new for every rider. This is a great complement to our existing ride offerings and should be quite a hit with thrill-seekers. The unpredictable tumbling will add a new element as riders travel along the plunging and swirling track,” said John Winkler, Six Flags New England Park President.
More and more improvements and guest options continue to be added to this amusement park. With its second new roller coaster in span of less than three years, Six Flags New England will be a park to visit in 2017.
[Images courtesy of Six Flags New England.]