As much as we would love to see every amusement park get a new coaster every year, that just is not a reality. What is reality is watching parks grow with new experiences to bring to everyone each and every year. In 2018, Carowinds will be introducing Camp Snoopy. This will be a newly-expanded kids’ area that will immerse young and old in the world of Snoopy and the Peanuts gang. Formerly known as Planet Snoopy, new life and adventure is being brought into Carowinds with Camp Snoopy. Camp Snoopy will be bringing in five new rides, an 8,000 square foot cling and play area called, Beagle Scout Acres and a complete re-theming to celebrate the beauty of the Carolina Wilderness.
Here is an overview of the six new attractions from Carowinds:
The Camp Snoopy playtime spot will feature six new attractions:
- Beagle Scout Acres: An 8,000 square-foot climb and play area that will be perfect for children to roam, play, and let their imaginations run wild!
- Camp Bus: Buckle up on the wacky camp bus and take a ride that will lift guests into the air and back down to the ground in smooth extensions.
- Kite Eating Tree: Ride along in a kite vehicle that travels up and down a tree.
- PEANUTS™ Trailblazers: Get behind the wheel of a Jeep-themed vehicle and burn rubber on a small, round speedway.
- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies: Take a trip in a “mud buggy,” where guests will rotate around the popular Pig Pen character while bouncing on a bumpy ride.
- Woodstock Whirlybirds: Spin around in an oversized birds nest on this classic ride.
Carowinds will also be making improvements to the child care facility and its Snack Shack restaurant. The park looks to put more of its 2018 focus on enhancing the park experience for families of all ages. With previous years focused on the older thrill seeker, 2018 will be a perfect year to balance out the park offerings by improving and re-theming the children’s area. Carowinds’ Vice President and General Manager, Pat Jones, mentions “The new Camp Snoopy area joins our world-class attractions such as the record-breaking Fury 325 gigacoaster and the massive Carolina Harbor water park in offering features that meet the needs of guests ranging from three to 23 to 93, providing unique opportunities for creating family memories.”
Many parents of young children have reached out to Coaster Addict to share their excitement about this announcement. Holly Haines (mother of two girls from Charlotte, North Carolina) told us, “We’re really looking forward to checking out the new children’s rides at Carowinds! I’m excited that they are expanding the offerings for kids. The play area sounds amazing – kind of a throwback to the free-play style Smurf Island area that I remember playing in when I was a kid! We’re also excited about the new Pre-K passes. It definitely makes getting season passes for our whole family much more doable. We can’t wait to visit the park in 2018!”